15 May 2015

Foxy Locks Hair Extensions Review: Six Months On

Late October last year I decided to invest in hair extensions. My natural hair had become pretty long, but the ends had become dry and weak and it didn't look how I wanted it to anymore. I decided to get a lot cut off to try and get my hair healthier again, but I have always been obsessed with having long hair. When I was 15/16 years old I was addicted to hair extensions; I wore them every single day. But I never wanted to spend a lot so I ended up with cheap ones which went thin very quickly. Now at 18 years old, I have learnt that to have the natural looking hair extensions I wanted I needed to invest a little bit more. Then I was recommended Foxy Locks, a more affordable alternative that provides great hair extensions that last. I purchased the deluxe 20" set, which is 165 grams of hair. Considering that I have finer hair I thought that this would be the perfect amount. They cost £78.00 - very affordable! When it came to choosing the colour I found it pretty easy because my friend who originally recommended Foxy Locks to me had a similar colour and she wears the brand herself. So, I put her hair extensions up against my hair and it was a match! The colour I purchased was Latte Blonde. 

When I first received my Foxy Locks
The lighting in the above photo is not great therefore you cannot see the colour accurately (see photos below).  I would describe the colour as a blend of light and dark blondes, perfect for girls who have their hair highlighted. The extensions arrived in a clear package that was split in to two. One of the sections contained a strip of hair that you could remove to check that the colour match was correct. This is so that you can send the hair extensions back if they do not match your own hair as long as you do not open the other half of the packaging with the security sticker. Very useful! The hair was really thick and silky soft - as you should expect of brand new extensions. They were the perfect length and even when curled my hair still looked long. 


6 months old

The 20" deluxe set comes with 2 four clips, 2 three clips, 2 two clips and 4 one clips. At the beginning I didn't even need to wear all of the clips, but as the hair has thinned slightly I now wear them all for extra thickness. 


My Foxy Locks are now over 6 months old and as you can see by the photos they are still in great condition. Some people suggest that clip in hair extensions can only last up to 4 months but I believe these will easily last up to 10 months, possibly even a year. I have not been overly protective of them. I've tried to use heat protector on them as much as possible, but I haven't always. I didn't wear them every single day, which has contributed to them still being in such good quality. But you could definitely wear them daily and still have them in fabulous condition 6 months on if you look after them. I would suggest to always hang them up after wearing them and brush them through. You do not need to wash them all the time. In the last 6 months I have only washed them twice. They do not knot easily and always feel so soft.



The ends of the hair

The extensions have thinned, but not much. In my previous experience with hair extensions they quickly became dry and extremely thin with split ends. In Foxy Locks' case this has not happened. The hair never feels or looks dry. 


Recent photo with Foxy Locks in
Here I curled the ends of my hair which helps give the extensions a really natural look. They blend really well with my natural hair whether straight or curled. Foxy Locks hair extensions can be found here: http://www.foxylocksextensions.com/ and my exact extensions can be found here: Latte Blonde

Ffion
xXx

0 comments:

Post a Comment